Tuesday 20 January 2009

He's in, for the love of God, he's IN!

That's it! Obama is in. A joyous moment indeed. What a sight all of those people watching in the brass monkeys conditions. I'm moved by Aretha's presence too although her performance was a little wayward and her hat was extraterrestrial. I have read The Audacity of Hope and I too am very hopeful. That's what we (almost) always have to hang on to, anyway. My only concern is that everyone (me included) will let the elation obscure the reality (still vaguely Victor Meldrew-ish even at this hour - sigh).

I'm listening to his speech as I type. He's talking about enduring the lash of the whip. It's been very rousing so far. What I found even more rousing was this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/world_news_america/7838941.stm

...it brought a tear of inspiration to my eye, although that could very well have been caused by the tinkling, floaty piano music in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment